Translate

Sunday, 3 November 2013

This is me

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. Albert Einstein

When I scrap, I normally do not like to scrap myself, but when a challenge like the Let's Scrap Challenge "forces" you to do so, it is quite compelling to take a closer look at yourself.

The challenge was to scrap yourself, and something that is super important to you. And to use this sketch:


This is my layout:


I used notepad paper as the background, because I like to make lists: To-do lists, shopping lists, lists of gaols... all kinds of lists. Everyday ticking off tasks completed, carrying over ones to still do. I stamped my favourite image, the damask and masked with pink distress ink, my favourite colour. In the main photo I'm taking a break with a cup of Rooibos Tea, my favourite.


My life's journey has certainly taken a few unexpected paths, but in the real world, I would like to travel more... I could get on a plane without hesitation and luggage and fly away to any faraway destination. (Once on the plane I would probably regret leaving my kitties behind and go on to miss them terribly! ) There are so many wonderful places I would still like to visit!

I do LOVE Christmas! Christmas has always been an all year event for me. From January when the shops are filled with Christmas Sales right through to October when the first Christmas decorations suddenly appear everywhere. I invariably scout the sales and markets for possible gifts for my family and friends and hide them away in a special Gift Box deep in my cupboard until it is time for the big "wrap-up". Planning the dress-up of the Christmas Tree is a major event for me, even more exciting than Christmas Day itself!

Crafting is part of who I am. I think and feel in crafting terms - I think! Working with any medium and creating something, is very fulfilling and rewarding, and I can not imagine a day without being creative! I am a "Jack of all trades, master of none" - as my mother used to say! At the moment I spend most of my time scrapbooking, but I also love Encaustic Art and Cross-stitch Embroidery. When I have time I like to do small projects in Pewter and Mosaic... depends on the inspiration! And so I can go on...


We need our dreams to believe in, and have the determination and dedication to make them a reality. In a dream lies hope for the future. My dreams and hope are for another time...


The greatest lesson I've learnt is to live your life everyday, every moment... with no regrets and guilt. It is hard sometimes, but I try!

Well, this is a glimpse of me - like all woman, I am complex and one page is surely not enough... I'm sure you would agree!

However this was fun, I finished the layout off with little flowers and some bling to add some fragrance and glamour!

Thank you for stopping by, see you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment