Translate

Thursday, 14 November 2013

Walk

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground. Theodore Roosevelt.

I once knew some-one that use to say to me that I'm a dreamer and have fins for feet! She said that because I am a Pisces and we all know fish have no feet! I often wondered if this is the reason way I like to photograph my feet? I'm not sure, but this time my feet are the subject of my layout! I have lots of pictures taken over the years of my feet, with and without shoes. The footprints in the sand are actually not mine, but my husband Martin's, taken on Yzerfontein beach a few days after New Years Day 2013.


I created this layout for this week's Let's Scrap sketch challenge - be sure to hop over and see all the fabulous layouts over there for some great inspiration!



I am so intrigued with the watercolour technique at the moment! I played around with Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Distress Paint and Smooch Spritzers to see the different effects. This was my first attempt with this technique and I think I'm hooked! I eventually used this one, done with Smooch Spritz  on Bazzill card-stock. 


Another technique that I absolutely LOVE is texture paint and stencils! This stencil is from Dylusions, it is  also a Ranger product. I added a few little flowers and some bling, and a brad or two.


The paper layering I did with two different company's papers. The chevron like paper at the bottom is from Authentique Paper, the others are from Fancy Pants Designs.


I love the quote: "To understand a man, you must walk a mile in his shoes". It is so true! We often criticise or judge some-one without knowing anything about their lives. There are a few variations on this theme:  "Before you Judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares... He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!" (Billy Connolly) and: "Until you walk a mile in another man's moccasins, you can't imagine the smell!" (Robert Byrne)

Well, from there the title and journaling for this layout! I journaled on a piece of card-stock with the same watercolour technique, and embellished it with texture paint, a little flower, bling and bakers twine. And finished it off with some faux stitching.


Making my own background paper with the watercolour technique was really a lot of fun. I will definitely use it  more in the future! 

Thank you once a for stopping by! Also love to read your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment