Translate

Sunday, 2 February 2014

SUPREME SCRAP TOURNAMENT - Card Challenge 1


While Internet browsing late last year, I came across the Supreme Scrap Tournament and after prompting by Belinda Basson, I registered to play along. I am proud to say that I have made the South African Team. To see more about the tournament, visit their blog http://supremescraptournament.blogspot.com. There are creative ladies from all over the world participating and the South African Team include the following talented ladies:

1.   Tertia - Card and Scrap Diva Tournament
2.   Val Thorpe - Scrap Diva Tournament
3.   Rene van Wyk - Card & Scrap Diva Tournament
4.   Margret Jones - Scrap Diva Tournament
5.   Jeaunes Viljoen - Scrap Diva Tournament
6.   Shamela Hendricks - Scrap Diva Tournament
7.   Belinda Basson - Card & Scrap Diva Tournament
8.   Ezme Hartman - Card & Scrap Diva Tournament
9.   Jen - Card Tournament
10. Janet Loots - Scrap Tournament
11. Linda King - Card & Scrap Tournament
12. Michelle Van Wyk - Card & Scrap Tournament

The first Card and Scrap challenges were announced on 1 February 2014.

Card challenge 1 - Home

For our first challenge we have to make an ATC card where the theme is "Home". It can be anything you want. It can be a welcome home card, a card about moving, a card with any quote on being/feeling at home or use the shape of a house.
-There has to be a title/quote/wish on the card
-You can not use any spray inks or flowers
-You can not use any kind of cutting machine
-You can not use any image with a house on it.

I chose the quote "Home is where you are" for my ATC card with my kitty cats in mind. What else? My kitties are my home, what can I say!



Here is my entry:


I printed an image of a cat's face on patterned paper and inked the card with "Scattered Straw" and "Evergreen Bough" distress inks. I also distressed the edges. I then mounted the ATC card on brown card-stock.


To embellish the ATC I used a small chipboard fence, inked it with "Scattered Straw" and chalked with "Creamy Brown " chalk, and some metal charms.


 And for the tittle phrase / quote I used alpha- and word stickers. 


I also wrote "My fury babies" on the card.

Well, this is my first entry, it was fun! I'm not sure if the Scrap Challenge will be so easy! 
Holding thumbs,  I hope to get into the next round! 

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are always much appreciated!




No comments:

Post a Comment