Translate

Friday, 7 February 2014

SUPREME SCRAP TOURNAMENT - Scrap Diva Challenge 1





Now that the Card challenge is done and dusted, I tackled the Scrap Diva Challenge 1

Here is the criteria for the first challenge:

Make a double layout or double mixed media project that shows where you live.  But it all has to be within 1000 steps from you home!!!!
  1. You cannot use any spray ink!
  2. You will have to use at least 3 photos on  your project (scrapbooking and mixed media!!)
  3. You will have to add a visible journaling of at least 50 words.

This was a little bit more "challenging" than making the ATC card! I had to wonder outside and take photographs of my environment. This in itself was a challenge as it has been very windy in Cape Town the last few days.

My husband, Martin  and I walked around the Estate in the "Golden Hour" last Sunday and managed to take really beautiful photographs. Besides the Egyptian Geese and Guinea Fowls, we also bumped in 3 of the most beautiful cats!



The public areas are so beautiful, look at this tree, gorgeous isn't it?


We also bumped into a scary character or two!


I didn't want the paper to overpower the beautiful photographs, so I decided to work on a "pastel" background. I layered patterned paper form the Butterfly Garden Collection from Pink Paislee and then used stencils with texture paste and distress inks, to add more dimension to the background and give the paper a more vintage feel. I used Creamy Brown chalk all around the edges.


Here is a little close-up detail:


My journaling reads as follows:

Kanonberg Estate
Living here is blissful suburban living: Close enough to the City not to be a Country Pumpkin and far enough away to escape the rat race! A few steps away from my front door and I am enveloped by the tranquility of nature. Lush greenery and a little duck pond with Egyptian Geese, welcomes you as the wooden walkways leads you through the estate. Unexpected treasures surprise you everywhere: a quint post box here and a bench tucked away between the trees over there. You are also never alone! The very vocal Egyptian Geese and Guinea Fowl are always eager companions!


And this is the final result:


Well, now it's just wishing for the best! The voting starts tomorrow: 8 February 2014 CET!

Thank you for taking time to look at my blog. 
Comments are always much appreciated! 

Have a nice weekend!  :-)








1 comment:

  1. beautiful layout with beautiful colors and nature pictures! Good luck with the tournament!

    ReplyDelete